Original VPI Aries vs VPI classic 3

I currently have an original Vpi Aries and it works just fine. I was just thinking about upgrading tables and I have been looking at the Vpi classic 3. I'm wondering if this is worth the upgrade. I can get around 1800.00 for my table so I'm looking at spending about 4000.00 to get the classic 3.
taters
Tater

I just got the Classic 3 and I must say it is great. It retails for 6000 so you can afford it. What cart will you use?
You don't mention the tonearm you're using, so advice is provisional. Having owned the original Aries with an upgraded JWM 9 Signature arm and having heard the Classic 3, I don't think there's any comparison. You're comparing a good turntable with a near-reference level 'table. Take the money and get the Classic 3!

And please let us all know how you like it.
I have years of experience with the Aries 1 deck and very little w/ the Classic series, but I continue to believe that the original Aries deck (properly rigged) is one of the best kept secrets in the audio world. I still regret selling it, mainly because I got tired of the WAS (wandering azimuth syndrome) w/ the JMW tonearm. If there is a difference compared to the Classic 3 (aside from those related to the tonearm), IMO they are going to be quite minor.
I had a big jump in performance when I added 3 x StillPoints to an original Aries with a JMW-12 arm. I hear more from the Aries / JMW-12 than I ever did on a Classic 3 using the same cart.

And I'm not sure if it's PRAT, but music from the Aries seems to be more fun than the Classic [insert your favorite number here]. Classics seem to be a bit more dry and analytical. But that's just my impression.