Grace F-9

Wondering how to tell if a F-9 cartridge is a high or low output cartridge? thanks
rnadell
Hi Rich, The Ruby by all accounts is by far the best of the bunch, so maybe you should look for a spare stylus assembly rather than an F9E. I could be wrong.
07-06-11: Lewm
Hi Rich, The Ruby by all accounts is by far the best of the bunch, so maybe you should look for a spare stylus assembly rather than an F9E. I could be wrong.
Hi Lew,

You're right, with the slight qualification that the exact nomenclature for what you are referring to is the "F-9E Ruby."

As you realize, an F-9E can be upgraded to an F-9E Ruby via a stylus replacement. The designation for the Ruby stylus itself is RS-9E.

Best regards,
-- Al
Well thanks to all, it appears the 5.5mV f9 is only for the F9L only. It would still be nice to know if the 5.5 mV cartridge is marked differently.
I don't think any cartridges are marked with this spec that I know off. If it helps the 9L body is gold compared to the others that are silver. The 9l has a clear acrylic frame for the stylus, 9E green frame, ruby red frame and I think there is one with a blue frame too.

Brad