Sirius and Walker

Hi Folks:

I have first hand experience with the Walker turntable and, to this day, it's the finest I have ever heard. Can anyone compare the sound of the Walker with the Rockport with the same material? I'm very interested.

Thanks as always.

D.H.
CT Audio Society
www.ctaudio.org
danhirsh
Lewm, agree somethings afoot, big communication breakdown here. Nobody wins.
Yes, the Olympos shootout never came to pass...wonderful cartridge, just not a good fit with the RP tonearm. It came to light that this other fellow crashed his Olympos on his Rockport and it required sending the cartridge back to Lyra for a rebuild.
My intentions in this thread are sincere and admiring of both Walker and Sirius' contribution to analog. The reason why you do not see anything analog in my current system is that I made a decision years ago that I wanted to get digtal right (for me) first; then turn my attention to analog. My goals for analog are very clear. I work with pro gear all the time and have archival knowledge and I want my own personal system to have resolving and EQ capabilities as good as professional studio's, especially for 78's which I adore. I have the knowledge but not the funds and compromise is always inevitable. I have done so already with digital although I am very happy with what I am working with now. Analog I am less willing to compromise. I would rather wait to do it right the "first time" then go through multiple tables and multiple phono stages to reach an end result that is crystal clear in my mind.

Thanks.

D.H.
Dear Dan, That is an admirable goal, but I am afraid it just does not work that way. Your only path to finding out what is "right" for you is to sample some good equipment in your own home, in your own system, and for a prolonged period of audition. That way, you can first find out what you don't like so much, and it seems like you are experienced enough to make good choices based on your own dataset. Such experiences are the best pathway to your own Nirvana. Whatever you do, don't blindly follow the advice or the unsupported opinion of anyone who posts on the internet. Anyway, IMO you cannot go wrong with a Walker OR a Sirius III, but there may be others in the same category for less money that might please you more.

Dear Unoear, You were right on cue with your latest pot-shot at Rockport. It doesn't help any of us neutral parties to figure out what happened between you and your Sirius, seriously speaking. So what do you want your readers to think?
Danhirsh...doing it right the first time and getting it right the first time is easier said than done.