Ortofon A90 or Air Tight PC-1

Has anyone compared these two cartridges? How would the A90 match with an SME V arm? I've just read so many glowing reviews in the press and on Audiogon that I'm curious about the A90. Thanks.
peterayer
Thuchan: I would bet my money on your opinion than TAS or Stereophile reviews :)

Just curious, have you heard Thuchan's system?

Me, I do not lay my trust in one's opinion unless I've personally heard their system.
Gallant_diva, thanks - you are not the only one who told me his opinion (also people who listened to the system). Nevertheless when it comes to listening rooms most reviewers`rooms look a little under-optimized.Of course they have to change equipments all the time. If you have a good ear you are still able to hear differences - somehow...
"Just curious, have you heard Thuchan's system?"

No, but I heard some reviewers' systems and that is why I cannot trust their opinion :) Most of them do not make any sense anyway and there is an underlying conlict of interest because the magazine exists to make money. And what listening diploma or certification do they have that makes their hearing more credible?

But I will take something worth considering if it is recommended by someone whose ears I can trust (but that does not include magazine reviewers). I used to read them 20 years ago for serious consideratio, then 10 years ago for humor, and now I do not even find any humor in them.

"Me, I do not lay my trust in one's opinion unless I've personally heard their system"

Yeah, that is ideal it could also take away you trut ;-)
I used to read them 20 years ago for serious consideratio, then 10 years ago for humor, and now I do not even find any humor in them...

May I help you?
When you read this (it means that)

The Audio Adventure

In spite of the measurement anomalies, this speaker is clearly a state-of-the-art product.
(It didn't SOUND broken when we gave it our top rating)

It was definitely Borderline Class A.
(It isn't that good, but it's sooo expensive and they're letting me keep it --- G-d I feel so cheap!)

Light years ahead of the competition.
(The competition won't give us a review sample)

This preamp is the new reference.
(We aint giving it back, and we aint payin' for it either)

We hire only the best writers.
(We'll hire any audiophile who recognizes a pencil two out of three tries)

This product had me pulling one record after another from my collection.
( I listened to all five of my records)

The images in the soundstage had that elusive and seductive sense of palatable presence.
(I haven't had sex since my wife left me and I'm starting to hallucinate)

Every once in a long while a product comes along that redefines the way we think about audio.
(I love my DSS satellite system)
Anyone (preferably with personal experience) care to describe the similarities/differences between the A90 with the ZYX UNIverse?

recently i've been involved in some tonearm development; to be perfectly clear my 'involvement' is me watching. i own a Talea tonearm and the designer has been making some improvements. he has used my room and system to verify performance on the changes he has made. in the last month or so he has been here 3 or 4 times. he uses his own Ortofon A90. he also owns a ZYX Universe. last fall; when he first brought his original prototype Talea arm over he used the Universe.

i don't want to put any words in his mouth. but he has basically told me that the A90 is simply a better cartridge and is what he uses for his arm development now. when he first brought his Universe over i preferred my A90 in my system since we switched the two cartridges back and forth. not that the Universe is not a fine cartridge. but the back and forth on the same arm exposed the Universe as simply not as detailed or dynamic.

i have now watched him set-up the A90 maybe 20-25 times in my room.....and then we listen. the A90 on my Talea is a force of nature. on the new Talea it is mystical.