Advice Needed on Mono Phono Preamps

I am in the process of putting together a system for playback of mono LPs and 78s. My intent is to use the phono preamp with the line stage of my existing preamp. The only "current" production mono phono preamps with selectable EQ curves that I have been able to identify are (1) the Sentec EQ-10, (2) the KAB EQS MK12, and (3) the Graham Sell Jazz Club. I am impatiently awaiting Art Dudley's anticipated review of the Sentec and KAB, but in the meantime...

For anyone who has experience listening to any/all of these or others, I would appreciate any guidance on the followig:

1. Have I missed anything that I should be considering?
2. Are there vintage mono phono preamps that should also be considered for this purpose?
3. Is a step up necessary with low output carts for any/all of these?

Thanks very much for any help.
jeffreybowman2k
You might try the JE Labs design: http://members.myactv.net/~je205d/mono.htm if your into DIY or could have a tech/builder build it. I'm listening to it and it is superb.

I have heard the Sentec unit and it is superb. But that was with a Shindo amp/Garrard and Shindo Latour speakers. Quite the system.
Another mono preamp that is currently available is the TDL Technology 4010, which was recently reviewed in AudioXpress April 2009, and goes for a very reasonable price.