Questions Regarding Installing a Wheaton Triplanar On A SOTA Cosmos

As luck would have it I recently acquired a Wheaton Triplanar VII U2, and am waiting on it being shipped. So at this point I am trying to decide what the most favorable table to mount it on, and what arm gets replaced. I have a SOTA Cosmos Eclipse with a SME V on it, and that would be my preferred place to install it. The only thing is this Triplanar has the arm cable extending out the back of the arm pillar instead of routed out the bottom of it. I have to assume the cable is going to have to be routed on top of the arm board and then over the edge into the body of the Cosmos. Not wild about that but do not see any other options other than drilling a 1/4 hole and routing the cable through it. Anyone have any experiences to share if they have installed it on a SOTA table?

My second alternative is to put the arm on my Scheu in place of a Dynavector DV505 I have. That is certainly a straightforward option, with no issues to be solved. However, I have never been fond of the SME V on the SOTA, so this would be my first choice. 

neonknight

@lewm It is not my model. It is my test. Freude schoner gotterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feurertruncken, Himmlischer dein Heiligtum:-)

I wondered IF you noticed that glob of cement….

I for one find @pindac a very interesting audiophile and music lover …. bravo

Has anyone read this review of the Cosmos with TriPlanar arm? The reviewer did not seem to have any issues with the arm. I believe it is the 9.8” version with 250 mm effective length. I bought that Cosmos and I also used a TriPlanar with it. I used a SOTA arm board which brought the base of the tonearm to level with the plinth. I never gave a second thought about the cabling. I thought the Cosmos and TriPlanar sounded good.