Kuzma Stabi R vs Dr. Feickert Woodpecker 2 vs TD 124DD

Hi there!

I love these three turntables and can get them a reasonable prices.

Wondering which one should sound more meaty, clearly or analog if that makes sense.

Woodpecker 2 with Thomas Shick 12" tonearm , platter inertia and PSU Linear.

Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9".

Thorens TD 124 DD

Differences are the Kuzma is 700€ expensive than Feickert and 1.000€ than the Thorens. (if I want the wooden plinth then is 1.400€-1.700€ expensive).

Thanks in advance!

PS: not interested in other brands, cause in these particular three models have a nice discount :)

superelmar

@rdk777  "You can also get the Stabi R in a wood frame"

Last year at the AXPONA 2023 near Chicago, I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing the Stabi R in the walnut wood base.  I have to say, imho, that it was very attractive and the sound was very nice indeed.  It was using the Kuzma Reference 313VTA tonearm.  I came back to that room several times over the course of the three days and enjoyed listening to it very much every time!

I'm curious, after living with it for a period of time, how did you feel about it's speed stability?  Do you feel it was sensitive to what it was placed on?

I'm considering getting another table.  If I go all out, it will be the Sikora Reference line.  That was absolutely my favorite table at the show, regardless of price.

If I reign in my expenditure, it will be the Stabi R with the walnut base.  I've always been a sucker for nice looking natural wood.  I also have a lot of respect for Franc.  I was able to talk with Franc on two occasions on separate occasions over the 3 day show and he was such a fantastic gentleman, humble, but yet such a genius all at the same time.

Best wishes,

Don

@no_regrets - I did have subsonic feedback issues initially, but that was easily fixed by getting "superfeet" which damped the low frequency for my HRS platform.  Getting a decent platform is pretty standard for a high-end turntable these days - Kuzma also offers a few options. The Stabi R was solid otherwise. That mated with the 4P 11" was a great combo - you can also add other arms to your liking. I think the J Sikora Reference is at least twice the price, so you will have to make that decision. 

@rdk777 

Thank you for your reply!  Yes, the J Sikora is quite expensive, but is what I would consider my ultimate last turntable ever.  Nevertheless, the Stabi R Wood is a very nice table as well and I think it could keep me very happy for the long term as well.

I'll be going to AXPONA 2024 again and will hopefully be able to spend some good quality time with both tables again and hopefully will be able to decide which direction to go.  At this point though, I have it narrowed down between these two brands.

Best wishes,

Don

The Kuzma Stabi R on a good Isolation platform like a Vibraplane or MinusK is a very difficult turntable to better. The only turntable in this price range I prefer is the Sota Cosmos due to it's magnetic thrust bearing, vacuum clamping, enclosed suspension and proper dust cover. The Cosmos is limited in the tonearms it can take while you can put anything in multiples on the Stabi R. 

I'll see you in Axpona 2024!

I would buy the 2-motor Sikora for less than half the cost of the 4-motor Reference. Four motors is a ridiculous idea, to use Mijostyn bluntness. Belt creep and belt slippage are guaranteed. Not to mention motor noise and the issue of synchronicity.