Kuzma Stabi R vs Dr. Feickert Woodpecker 2 vs TD 124DD

Hi there!

I love these three turntables and can get them a reasonable prices.

Wondering which one should sound more meaty, clearly or analog if that makes sense.

Woodpecker 2 with Thomas Shick 12" tonearm , platter inertia and PSU Linear.

Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9".

Thorens TD 124 DD

Differences are the Kuzma is 700€ expensive than Feickert and 1.000€ than the Thorens. (if I want the wooden plinth then is 1.400€-1.700€ expensive).

Thanks in advance!

PS: not interested in other brands, cause in these particular three models have a nice discount :)

superelmar

Showing 2 responses by rdk777

@no_regrets - I did have subsonic feedback issues initially, but that was easily fixed by getting "superfeet" which damped the low frequency for my HRS platform.  Getting a decent platform is pretty standard for a high-end turntable these days - Kuzma also offers a few options. The Stabi R was solid otherwise. That mated with the 4P 11" was a great combo - you can also add other arms to your liking. I think the J Sikora Reference is at least twice the price, so you will have to make that decision. 

I'd take the Kuzma Stabi R over the others.  I had a Kuzma Stabi R and they are fantastic tables - built like tanks and can accommodate multiple arms. You can also get the Stabi R in a wood frame, which is what I had. The only reason I sold is that I was told that it could not take multiple arms with the wood frame (at the time)- however, it seems that is possible now. Also - I prefer the 11" arm.