Luxman L-509X as a preamp

I have an Ayre VX-5 that I really enjoy. I am considering an Ayre KX-5 preamp to pair with it. I currently use a Rogue RH-5 and it sounds great. But I am thinking the KX-5 will have more synergy. I also have been kicking around the idea of having an integrated amp and like everything I see and hear about the Luxman L509X. I thought of picking one up and using it as a preamp for the VX-5. Has anyone else used this integrated as a pre? If so, what are your thoughts?

128x128re-lar-kvothe

No, to my ears the 509X is definitely not as good as a ~$6000 used dedicated line stage.  I used it from time to time to drive my Luxman M800a power amp.  It sounded pretty good and quite neutral, but was outclassed by my PS BHK and Allnic L3000 preamps.

If you're buying it for dual purpose--to have 2 amps you can switch between--it's a fine choice with lots of flexibility.

@eugene81 

Dual purpose use was my intention but decided to go with an Ayre KX-5 Twenty as my pre. 

I just tried my 509x with a musical fidelity 308cr power and wow. The extra power gives the sound much more authority. Is this setup a waste? Not really as I’ve got a sound I enjoy and flexibility.