Network Switches

david_ten

“Is there a better way for digital playback…..

@glory

As you know better is subjective and any given component must gel (synergy) with rest of your system for one to say, I prefer the brand X better than brand Y. I found a component last year that not only simplified my digital streaming but also transcended my existing digital front end (EMM Labs DA2 / Aurender N20). I suggest you to look into Merging Technologies +player. It’s a DAC/Roon player/Preamp, all in one box. No external component needed to run a Roon core. All you need is one high quality LAN cable, which you already own.

BTW, I am quite intrigued by your Manger S1 speakers, what made you decide to go with powered speakers over passive ones in Manger speaker line up? 

@glory Ok, don't like a very nicely reviewed Antipodes, so maybe you need to move into Wadax and Taiko Extreme territory. Otherwise issue is your dac, or something in rest of system.

“BTW, I am quite intrigued by your Manger S1 speakers, what made you decide to go with powered speakers over passive ones in Manger speaker line up? “

I feel powered speakers are the future. Stereophile rated A+ for the powered and B for the passive 🙊🙈🙉. I run Teo cables which I think are the best cables on the planet but their SC’s are very high $$$ so XLR is my go to wire.

I love the K50 but is there a must cheaper way with all these switches going on in this thread?

@david_ten

Thanks for the info. I was looking forward to the review of SW-8 but after learning about reviewer pedestrian streaming setup, I honestly don’t care what he says. No wonder he’s sour on cloud based streaming in his main rig…LOL!

On another note, Melco has up their game on S10 Ethernet switch by introducing their own external power supply.
https://melco-audio.com/s10/