Best analog sounding cd player under 5K

Hi,

Im looking for a new or used one box player mainly for redbook. My budget could go up to 5K.
I know and have read a lot of threads about cd players but none deals with the analog sounding issue. Also, not everyone like his cd player to sound like his analog set up.
I can define analog, as neutral(good tonal balance), organic, natural, with a lot of low level information retrieval, inmediacy,with very good 3d image, not forward sounding and not analytical. I think the extension at both ends is not a must. Obviously, It cant be dark or too bright sounding.

I have in my short list so far, resolution opus, bluenote sttibert, apl denon 3910, audio aero capitole mkII, ayre Cx5.
For the reviews and comments on several forums it seems that the most organic and natural sounding is the Stibbert. How does it compare with the others? And also what other should be included in this list?
Thanks
Alan Brain
alanbrain
I'm in the market for the same kind of peformance at a similar price. Looking at the Cary 306 SACD and the Ayre 5xe.
The new EMM 1 box player is the best digital I ever experienced. Even on redbook, it is supremely musical and very organic sounding player. I am basically an analog guy and I'm currently running a state of the art analog front end (new Grand Prix Monaco table / Dynavector 507II and XV1S arm cartridge combo). This is up there with the absolute best front ends available and sounds absolutely Magical. Although the EMM cannot compete, it gets very high praise because I can actually listen to and enjoy digital for the first time even after I play Lps. It has an analog like sound with superb sense of space, purity, presence and has wonderful dynamic shading which is very important in bringing the music to life. I just compared to the new $8500 Accuphase player and the EMM made the Accuphase sound like a common (very good) CD player. The EMM was in a whole other universe. Unfortunately, at $9,995, it is over your budget, but a true bargain and very analog sounding nonetheless.
I have always been very happy with the Meridian players. They have a sonic profile very similiar to what you are looking for in your post.
Just saw a photo of the Melody hi m10, WOW factor is very high. Drop dead gorgeous! Top load, but the best looking top load I've ever seen. Must own one of these...one day. Like my cayin 17, has dual/high quality power supply, one for analogue, one for digital. uses Mundorf Silver/Gold caps.