Best Rock Album in 2013

Ok folks, let's get another one started. Best yearly thread for us rock fans. Most of the albums are starting to be released.

Have to say, Atoms for Peace doesn't do anything for me despite the "superband" status. Where is Flea on the record?

Lots of potential coming with Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the National, Postal Service, Vampire Weekend, etc.

Not rock (it's indie), but I like Toro y Moi "Anything in Return" so far. Going through the new Depeche Mode currently- pretty up and down effort.
keithr
Yes, Shakey. Thankfully, this is what we have come to. Try listening all the way through a few times. And if you don't like it, it does not mean civiliztion had ground to a halt.

Neal
Really LOVE the new Iggy Pop album. James Williamson's guitar playing is a marvel to behold and Iggy rocks it like 1973. Hard to imagine another 60 year doing this.
This:

"04-28-13: Synthfreek
Phosphorescent...nothing else even close. IMO that "star" was born about 10 years ago with their debut album A Hundred Times Or More."

He is one of the great songwriters of our time. Brilliance. Grab any of his records, all are top shelf. Bonus is he's a great producer too so we get proper sonics along with the heartfelt croon. A real favorite of mine.
richard, a bunch of guys whose opinions i respect highly (yours included) have touted this phosphorescent to me recently. i confess that i don't get 'em. they seem to be mining the same territory as fleet foxes or grizzly bear, but not nearly as effectively--where the aforesaid sound natural and unforced, there's something contrived and overfussy about the phosphorescent; the little electronic flourishes sound tacked-on and distract from the singer's very good, if hyperdramatic voice. maybe i'm just in a bad mood?
Loomisjohnson,

As they say: De gustibus non est disputandum.

You either like Phosphorescent or you don't. Personally, I think it is the best album of the year, and the prior album also is outstanding. It sometimes takes a few listens because it is an unusual sound and the viocals are unique -- as are the lyrics.

Neal