Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
One last question before placing an order. What's the consensus on bass response. I like BIG bass as I listen mostly to Electronic, Jazz and R&B. In the past, I have owned Totem Forest, ACI Sapphire XL, and Ascend Sierra. The Sapphires were my favorite and I am still kicking myself for selling them. Anyway, What's the bass like? I saw one poster say he found them lacking. Anyone else?
I would say that they have a well balanced bass but not a kick in the chest bass. It's an audiophile type bass. Strong but not bloated. YMMV
the above post is right on point. i listen to all genres of music and i never found the bass to be lacking. i use the Lore only for music because i have a separate home theater setup. one caveat, the Lore are being driven by 255 watt SS amp with a high damping factor and the bass is never loose or sloppy. i have not bothered to swap in my lower powered tube amps yet because i'm fine with the current performance.
No direct experience with the Lore, but in my experience with a full range driver design, I have found that the quality and frequency extension of the bass can be very dependent on the damping factor of your amp. I had an Aleph 30 that I loved with the exception of the bass. In my system (96dB sensitivity 12" Audio Nirvana drivers in a bass reflex design, so some similarities to the Lore design), the bass with the Aleph 30 was overdamped due to the high damping factor. With lower damping factor amps (FirstWatt F1, F2J and my current Atma-sphere S-30), the bass sounded much better, with nicer bass extension. But beware that if the damping factor is too low, you can get bass that is loose or sloppy. Hope this helps.

I sure hope to get a chance to hear some Lores with my Atma-sphere. Still fishing around to find a Lore owner in the Chicago area (hint, hint). Otherwise, I will have to just pull the trigger...
I am driving the Lores with a ss 100 watt amp and also tried a 35 watt intergrated tube amp .With both I find them lacking in bass , not saying there is none , just a bit weak . I use them only for music , no ht. They are definitly lacking for a claim of going into the lower 30's .