Why According to some Turntable extremists Pitch Control and Direct Drive is Sacrilege?

Why shouldnt perfect direct drive speed and pitch control be part of an Audiophile turntable system.  Not having pitch control is like missing a stereo mono switch.
Every high end turntable should have pitch control. 
vinny55
That will only tell you which of those particular 3 you like best.  It won't give you an answer that is broadly applicable overall, because there is no way to do that in a finite lifespan.  That was my main point. Be sure to keep tonearm and cartridge constant, if at all possible.
Have to start somewhere as reading and others views can only take one so far.

But yes I do get your point.

So much to try, so little time to do so.
@uberwaltz im a big lenco fan so carry on with the lenco crusade. I beleive 75 is the best turntable ever made id put it up against emt sota vpi linn or technics or any overrated overcost piece of junk garage made belt driven obscure motor pump pulling toothfloss belt turntable. 
Well vinny55, that certainly explains why all the very best turntables are belt driven and why in spite of all these major developments in TT design the very vast majority of us still prefer belt driven tables. I suggest all you idler wheel guys get yourselves a subwoofer array that is flat to 18 Hz and I guarantee your love affair with that antiquated design will end in a hurry. 
A highly tweaked Lenco, including plinth, will surprise you, Mijo.  That's why there is a whole website devoted to the L75/L78 and other Lenco turntables ("Lenco Heaven") and why there are several satellite businesses that have successfully grown up around the idea of getting the most out of a Lenco.  In my experience, Lenco is way up there in terms of bang for the buck. But you have to get rid of the stock plinth and either get rid of the mounting template or strengthen it considerably.  Add a Phoenix Engineering speed control system, and you've really got something.