Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Just noticed new images on Zu website for Soul Superfly. The wood grain looks interesting. I think high gloss or wood grain would have gotten better WAF. However probably not achievable for the $$$. Was the Soul Superfly driver mean't to have had the same cone 'treatment' as the Essence - epoxy spokes? I barely noticed in one of the new images the same FRD as Essence. Nice finishing touch would have been Cardas custom binding knobs (just for aesthetics).
Not sure what you mean George. I have Superfly on order with wood finish (maple); black anodising and Cardas binding posts.

Suspect mine will be lighter than those in the pics.

Mike
@Mike. I didn't know Maple with black anodising was available. Did this cost more? They have Cardas binding posts with standard plastic knob, would have been nice touch to have the custom knob.
George,

The thing with Zu is that, within reason, any finish is available.

I kind of agree about the Cardas knob in the sense that it's not as user friendly as earlier versions but I do think it's entirely in keeping with the low cost, simple ethos around the Soul, Superfly and Omen.

Mike
Anyone notice the Soul is out? And with intro pricing too... http://www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/soul.html