Peachtree Nova 300

Interesting review.  Check out the video at the bottom.  Hilarious!  This reviewer calls it the best amp on the market.  While I like Peachtree, a lot actually and I feel their products punch above their weight for sure, this reviewer may only have limited experience and in a limited price range.  

https://www.themasterswitch.com/review-peachtree-audio-nova300
128x128kclone
I had the Nova pre and it did a fine job. I think PT makes fine systems. Their "Grand" series of components, which got outstanding reviews, are starting to pop up used. 
The Nova 500 is supposed be the best thing they have ever done.  I doubt I will get it though.  I have the 300 in a second system, but I don't like it that it doesn't have a digital display and neither does the 500.  The volume nob doesn't turn so there is not indicator of where anything is at, you just have to use your ears. 
I just bought a used PT Nova300 from here and awaiting its arrival. I currently have a Hegel H90 for my 2-channel setup and am going to be doing a comparison. I have Klipsch Chorus ii’s speakers. Very clean and simple setup. I love the looks and simplicity of the Nova300 and have read so many good things about it. Hope I’m not disappointed. 
BTW, the Hegel is a very nice unit itself. 
I have a Peachtree Nova 3oo which in itself is not the problem however the sound I get playing the same source - Qobuz - delivers remarkably different results between the following connections.

1. Sonos Connect with volume bypass via Audioquest Optical to Nova
2. Bluesound Node 2 via Audioquest Coax to Nova
3. iPhone via USB on Nova using bog standard Apple lightning to USB cable.

To my surprise 1 and 2 sound remarkably similar. But 3 outshines them both by a country mile. Much more detail and openness.

I am currently playing with Roon as the UI, and ideally would like to avoid having to plug my phone in to play music...

Any suggestions/ideas of what to tweak please?