Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Zkzpb8:

The Ohms are very neutral so they let the sound of the DAC come through. Each DAC will sound different.

I'm using the Paradisea with both my Denon player/recorder source and a Roku Soundbridge for accessing a music server and internet radio. Compared to the DACs built in each device, the Paradisea in general offers the benefits commonly attributed to tubes versus solid state mainly improved 3-D imaging and microdynamics combined with a more analog like smoothness with less digital edginess. It makes my digital sources sound more like my analog phono source.

The exact sound is a function largely of the tube used (and RCA phono IC used to connect the DAC to the pre.

Rolling different tubes defintely has major effect on the resulting sound. The stock GE tube is what I am using. THe used unit I purchased also came with a second vintage Tung Sol tube (see recent posting I made to my system for more info on the differences). There are other tubes that can be tried as well.

I'm using an Average Audioquest Toslink IC from Roku to DAC and a similar coax IC from CD to DAC. I do not notice any significant difference in sound between the 2.

Overall, the Ohms are more open, smoother, and dynamic overall with the Paradisea and digital sources. I would not go back to SS for this. They sound better now with digital sources than ever before.

Though I like the effect the tube DAC has on digital sources, I also do not feel a need for tubes with my phono rig either at this point. If I changed my pre-amp, I might just stick with the single tube in the DAC and continue with a good SS pre-amp that just lets the sources shine through naturally.

Tubes power amps in general are not a good match for Ohms I believe because of power demands and difficult loads to drive. But a single tube further upstream near the source can really make some magical things happen.
Another DAC I can recommend is the VDA-2 from Channel Islands. I use one with the VAC-1 Power supply and find it excellent. It is solid state but has a very smooth but detailed sound. I've auditioned a few other DACs (Benchmark DAC1, Stello, etc.) but always went back to this one. Also, the customer service is outstanding too.
Can someone here give me an idea of the cost of the new Ohm's. I have not heard these Walsh speakers since the F about 30 years ago. What are the price differences for micros, 5's etc. Thanks Rich
Microwalsh Talls go for about 1K and they go up from there. Check out the link below for pricing:

http://www.ohmspeakers.com/styles_walsh.cfm
Well, I made a decision yesterday and put the Totem Arro's up on eBay! Guess I'm an Ohm fanboy now, officially. ;-)