Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I will make this brief! After owning two excellent speaker systems previously--Acoustat 2+2S and Dunlavy SC-IV, I bought the Revel Studio. For me, at least, the Studios are the ones, period.

Perhaps I am fortunate having the combination of electronics and cables I do, but the audio experience one has in my media room, listening through the Revel Studios, is not only utterly captivating, it is addictive!

I cannot tell you to buy them, but I do urge you to give them a challenging listen.
Beowulf - The idea of a monopolar line-source (such as the Wisdom M-75's) fascinates me. Would you address a post to describing the differences in room interaction and placement requirements for this design vs. your old dipolar Maggies? How do these differences affect the way one listens to these speakers as opposed to dipoles or conventional boxes? Thanks for your thoughts.
In 1978 while in school I bought a used pair of already-old Electro-Voice Sentry II monitors (16 ohms, 12" woofer, horn tweeter, about 80lbs. each) from a guy for $110. He had just bought a pair of the latest JBL thump-snap 12" 3-ways (the big show-off-your-stereo record was Supertramp Crime of the Century, remember?) and as I carried the EV's out the door he looked like he wanted them back...I kept them happily until last year when a move to a new house necessitated something smaller and nicer-looking...I was shocked that I had to spend about $2000 for speakers that I liked as well...the EV's sound is like the performer is actually singing in there, just behind the warm woolly grille cloth. I found a good home for them where I can still go listen. They make great end tables, too.
I wish, I still had my old Servo-Static panels, especially for their tweeter elements. Sigh....