Zu Druids - Two years after

Well 2-3 years after all the hype about these speakers have you kept them in your system or have you moved on. In hindsight were they speakers to keep for the long term or just another audio flash in the pan? What has been your experience with them over the long term and other speakers you have had or heard?
ladavid
Prices went up, so they kinda went a little out of the lines on the graph I feel.. They are a great speaker, but now are replaced almost a decade later by new models. If you want a good single driver speaker that does what a good single driver does, no crossover etc... Than go for it, however just as stated they are not subwoofer territory in bass levels, they are more of a studio monitor. By the way they are WAY more than 2 or 3 years old...

So if you want to go a little further order the new Essence for the best rounded single driver they now make, but of course they are more money, so end of story is they obviously were and continue to be a very successful entity in hi end otherwise they would not make the moves and new products they continue to make. See link its brand new info on this company and advanced products they are producing. Good luck

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/zu16/essence.html
Who keeps their gear for 5 yrs.? LOL

I have the Zu Presence and bought them without hearing them but read all the info on them. I may keep them for 5 yrs. they are that good. Huge smile on my face when I fire them up. =8^)

Everything one could ask for in a speaker IMHO.

My wife likes them so a big score for me.
I've been listening to Druids since version 1. I have upgraded them to MK4, and still enjoy everything about them. If (big if) I were to change out, it would only be to buy the new Zu Essence.

IMHO - excellent speaker.
I have used Druids for 3.5 years and am still very much enjoying them. The bass was not satisfactory in my almost square room so I added a REL Strata III sub which integrates nicely. I upgraded the speaker drivers to the 08 models which increased the output in the highs which I felt was needed, and improved spatial characteristics. They are very lively and musical and you do not have to crank them up real loud to enjoy them, which I had to do with the many models of Magnepans I used over the years.
Just to update I now have a pair of low mileage 08 druids in my system. I have them running with a new 300b amp and love the dynamics and synergy. Also enjoying the look of the druids - they are cool looking speakers. Both have a bit of breaking in to do and have a pair of libtec cables on the way but even right out of the box love the music I am hearing, especially on vocals and jazz, even the tone of electric guitar. Thanks for the feedback - I am hoping this will be a system that gets me off the audio merry-go-round.