VSA VR4 SR or JR as a match to my system and room

I want to replace my Totem Forests. I'm using a DK MkII with an FMJ23 CDP. My room tends to be brightish (lots of glass and wood) and is about 19x28x14(vaulted - approx 6000+ sq. ft.). My listening tastes are eclectic with an emphasis in Jazz and Classical, but I also like to blast alittle rock now ant then. Would the VR4 SR or JR be a good match?

Other contenders include Proac R38 (there is a dealer near by) and Merlin, but I'm just at the beginning stages of this illness and am open to other suggestions ($5 to $10K range).

BTW, I have wanted to listen to a pair of VSA VR4 SR or VSA VR4 JR's based on comments on the discussion forums. However, living in the Canadian Rockies does not bode well for having access to dealers. I've now sent two E-mails to VSA to find the nearest dealer (e.g., Seattle??)across the last two weeks but have not heard a peep from them. From what I've read, VSA seems to be a good company to deal with; however, my experience is making me wonder. Any comments regarding VSA customer service?

Thanks

John
johnrob
My experience occured beginning around early june through early july. Every time I have called I have spoken to a young man--who I presume to be the son, and every time he has taken note of my inquiry, taken my phone number, and let me know someone will need to call me for my answer. In total three seperate calls and one email, and no direct response from vsa on any of them during this time period.

At the moment, I can get the vr4jrs or the acoustic zen adagios each new for about the same price. I called acoustic zen the other day and was able to speak to robert extensively--he was helpful and courteous. I obviously want to go with what sounds best, but my experience will likely wind up impacting my ultimate decision.
-jonathan
i call vsa today to inquire about a used set of vsa speakers that are listed here. the guy who answered told me damon would call back in 30 minutes. about 2 hours later, i called back. got the same guy who told me damon was still busy. i told him i wanted to speak with somebody. thirty seconds later i was talking with albert. albert was great to talk to and gave me a lot of insight on the speakers i was interested in. he spent 20 minutes talking to me about a pair of his speakers that i wasn't even buying from him. much, much, much more than i could've expected from the company. his conversation is what steered me to purchase the used speakers.
All of my communications with VSA have occurred within the past three months, most recently today. Linda Von Schweikert (Albert's wife) is the one who usually answers the phones, but most of the time I have been connected to voice mail. Damon still works at VSA, but Kevin isn't there anymore. It is true, reaching VSA has sometimes required some persistence...

I expect to hear from Albert again within the next few days. When he calls, I'll alert him to the communication issue, and let you know what I find out.
G3dahl, do you really know what you are talkin about? Is there a reason that the guy (posted above) was referred to Higherfi.com instead of a local shop in his hometown? Is there a reason that you can buy a new pair of speakers on Higherfi.com for 40% less than you can buy from a dealer? Is there a reason VSA is doing this and they didnt warn their dealer network? I dont believe you are informed. I have never knocked the quality of the VSA sound, just the quality of the business. VSA has folded several times....FACT VSA is moving to an internet direct company.....FACT VSA did warn their dealers......FACT

Does that sound like a quality company? If he was as good a business man as he is a speaker designer we wouldnt be having this conversation
Post removed