Sonus Faber Guarneri vs Guarneri Memento

Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Guarneri Memento to the original Guarneri?

Does anyone have any pricing info on the new Guarneri Mementos?
128x128rchan
Just to add some additioonal salt to the thread here, I had the chance to chat with Lorenzo, cheif designer for Mastersound in the last CES, I did mention my setup, and when I said Guarneri speakers he asked..."new or old version" for which I replied "old Homage version" he said then that those are indeed great speakers, adding that he has several customers who are as well reluctant to sell their GH to go for the GM in Italy.

Might be right.....
Flg2001, i think a little salt in this thread is a good idea..
It doesn't really surprise me that there are many GH owners in Italy,
or anywhere else for that matter, that are "reluctant" to give up their
GH's for GM's. A backward step is never anything anyone does unless
they do it "reluctantly".
IMHO if people will use their ears when they compare GH's to GM's,
the obvious superiority of the GH's becomes very evident.
Davef,

there are people who on this thread who have listened to both and some prefer the G, and others the H. So I would say it is not a question of one using or not using their ears, but simply a preference for one or the other. Some people prefer the midrange purity of the H while others prefer the versatility and more full range sound of the M.

But you keep insisting that the H is superior ... can you please repeat after me - different strokes for different folks :-)
Pinkus on another thread you wrote and I quote"Of course it is also possible that I am highly suggestible, and I am the one with the tin-ear."
I think that may speak for itself..:0)
BUT in all seriousness, I do agree that 'each to their own' is applicable with SF G's and in fact this applies to any speaker or other piece of equipment. Nonetheless, along with many other 'phile friends,it has been my experience that when using our ears we come away with a MAJOR preference for the GH's over the GM's. Obviously, your mileage differs.
If I can generalize.

People who like GH prefers a more romantic presentation, they would oppose to any type of hard dome tweeter including Be or diamond.

I was in that camp for years, I have owned GH, EA1, Extrema, Dyn C5 for over 10 years combined but decided to try a different "tweeter" for a change. I later found a new dimension in sound which I like as well. Like what Pinkus said, it's a matter of taste. I used to hate Wilson, but now listening to some newer Wilson can be an enjoyment. I also love Be and diamond tweeter now as well.