Best Digital Amps

Out of Spectron, Tact, CarverPro, Bel Canto etc.
twilo
The creator of the H2O is Henry Ho. Henry is a good friend of mine, though we live a continent apart. I had his fine class A monoblocks for a time. Henry tutored me through several component changes. I could say, I am returning the favor as a good friend. It's easy though, and self serving. I have heard many amps, and I have yet to hear the equal of the H2O at any price. Henry's amp will be the least expensive of my recent amp purchases. That is my reward. That, and the satisfaction of seeing a friend do good.

Henry is a lone entrepreneur now. He is presently pulling a pool of experts around him, to facilitate a quick amp turn around. My job of chief cheer leader isn't done yet. I will be giving a proper review of my system here within a couple of weeks.

Over time, I have made a lot of noise over other components, and took some flack for that too. It bothers me none. I can see how someone might misconstrue my enthusiasm for salesmanship.

I encourage any amp challenge to the H2O. So far well reviewed digital amps such as the eAR, PS Audio, Rowland, and Evo Gen2, have been compared, not to mention a good number of conventional amps. Owners of these amps have been voting unanimously with their check books for the H2O.
Muralman, given that you are H2Os "chief cheer leader" and the designer's good friend, exactly what is the difference between you soon to come review of the amplifier and ad copy from H2O?

Also, you have repeatedly stated that owners of other digital amps are switching to H2O, please provide proof. You seem to indicate that as a lone entrepreneur Mr. Ho is having trouble getting his orders filled. Can you provide data as to how many of his amps have actually been sold?
Hello fellows!

I have to chime in here in support of Henry.

I have had several long conversations and have exchanged e-mails with Henry. He is a true class act and a very much stand up gentleman. He is an engineer at heart and adheres to very solid business ethics. Let's give him a chance to prove his skills. The first several of his amps are out their right now (mainly in the hands on Apogee owners) and getting huge accolades. Yes, one guy has replaced his Evo-4's and PSAudio HCA's he had in for comparison purposes.

Henry will have a another batch of ten amps or so out in several weeks. They are all spoken for. One has my name on it.

Muralman obviously has liked what he has heard. In a month or so, there should be a few others reporting back. Wait and see.
Onhy61, I meant my self designation to be taken tongue firmly in cheek. I have no status with the budding H2O company, none at all. I love this amp. I know Henry, and like Loudandclear says, he is a class act.

I have had in my possession a traveling H2O. In a couple days I will have monos I ordered. I will take pictures, and give my opinion. Nobody has to believe a word I say. There will be plenty others to follow. I am riding the crest of a wave.

H2O is a startup company. It isn't even in full production. Actually, Henry has asked me to cool the fireworks for the time being, until amp production gets up to full speed.
I certainly wish I had the definitive answer to this question. Don't think there is one. It's all subjective. Unless of course, we all buy the same preamps, spekers, and sources.
If all the manufacturers or dealers were so confident as to having the "best", they should all put their money where their mouth is, in the product they want us to buy. Of course without the belief they can make the better "mousetrap", it would perbably be a rather bleak array of things to choose from. It ought to be a "Take it home - try it out - doesn't matdch well with your system?" "Bring it back and we'll try something else."

Even if you are fortunate enough to find a dealer that works with you, they lock up the money, and downgrading or reverting back a step is usually not acceptagle practice, only going up, seems to be. Don't get me wrong, I do understand business is business. I just believe if a product is truly well made and a great preformer, it ought to be that in your home, not just the showroom. Experimentation is the only answer I've yet to find worthwhile. Tough deal. Satisfy the customer, or sell the product? Satisfy the customer, they may tell a few of their friends, dis one and they tell people they don't even know! I'm on my third amp - or about to be, this time a Mcintosh. Sony didn't have the juice, Krell had the juice, but seemed a bit impersonal, the Mac sounds about right, and has more power, another 100 watts, to 350. I like what power does with speakers. Given the choice I'll go with less effecient speakers and power above 250 watts every time. There is no "magic bullet" in audioland. Just ears and dollars, and if you don't use the ears, you'll lose a lot of dollars. Valves, MOS-FETS,chips, micro processors, servos,Jesus! I threw the specs sheet away long ago. Certain designs indicate lonbgevity, some stability, others try to emmulate. The path I stumbled across recently was: "You know, speaker makers use amps to drive their speakers." Why not find out what THEY use. Seems practical, at least for a starting point, as well as providing insight to the developers train of thought. Past this point it all gets murky. Want to find the best solid state amp for you? Win the lottery, knock off your rich relative, and have at it! Or buy what you have confidence in and what your ears tell you they like. Sound is fascinating. good sound is expensive. great sound is complex, and expensive. No one has THE answer for what is best. Just THEIR answer. Being satisfied with waht I can afford, at least for me, is the secret. So I resist the urge to listen to things I can not afford. Simple. Simple is always best. Look at PUSH-PULL amps. Java man probalbly had one in his cave, and they are stil around. Mono blocks with outboard power supplies. right! I'll run down and grab six or seven tomorrow. the onlyu constant here is the constant onslaught of magazines whose sole direction is to sell the products they review. No products to review, no magazine to sell. Funny how that works. don't believe me, look at all the reviews that say the item just flat sucks. There aren't any. A precious few can buy the precious things. Good for them. I am fortunate enough to have enough respect for music that I have dedicated myself to buying in the realm just past that of "Mass media audio". Good for me. As fickle as that area is, changing twice a year or so, I've about given up on the "who's who" thing. Just a couple more pieces.... and I'm done, for good or ill. . . . well maybe.