Wife Acceptance Factor

I hear alot about Wife Acceptance Factor when it comes to equipment. I'm getting married in 6 months. Fortunately, my fiance is pretty accepting of the hobby. Just curious about all those guys out there who have a family and are still allowed to invest their spending money almost entirely on audio equipment. After you get married, do most women step in and try to squash spending on this hobby? Opinions welcome!!!
firecracker_77
There are 3 Rings in Marriage. The engagement Ring, The wedding Ring, and the Suffering.

Good advice given above and make sure your house has a room for a dedicated listening room..Good luck.

Chris
Trust me I work in the business the WAF is very real.
I don't know how many nu*less guys I have run across.
It is funny how they let ther wifes run there lives,
they tell me they want hi end sound but only can have bose size speakers then I laugh & tell the it will never happen.
The I have to explain to them why you can't get good sound through small speakers. (I must deprogram them from the bose commercials)I don't understand why they just don't tell there wifes to shut it, it's my money, & I will buy what I want!
Seems to be the other way around. Sometimes though you get that wonderfull wife who likes the stuff & encourages them to buy what they want. I told my girlfrined that this is my hobby I will always do it & if you don't like it then either deal with it or leave because it was here before you & it will be here after you. IMHO
PS:
(I know, im not married so I have no idea what it's like, & I should just wait till im married then ill give in) NOT!!
Try this: a friend went home and plunked down the Harley Davidson catalog with some super chromed and piped motorbike and announced to his wife "I'm having a mid-life crisis.....it's the Harley or another woman.....CHOOSE."

FINE PRINT:
In the fairness of full disclosure, they bought a SUV and there was no other woman. The Harley is parked on my friend's office wall where it can be still seen today.

Got the point?
This stufff with WAF is stupid, it should be sorted out before you marry.
As stated above, if you have the $$ to cover the bills or whatever, so be it.

How about something like a HAF ??
I agree that the whole WAF thing should be sorted out before you're married. Both parties should be totally honest with each other, and the audiophile in the relationship should be totally honest about how much he/she invests in the hobby and how important it is to him/her. If the other party finds it unacceptable, then, well, things will only get worse with marriage, IMO. Fortunately for me, my wife is totally accepting of the shitload of money I invest in the hobby, as long as it doesn't put us into financial jeopardy--which it hasn't . . . so far. But it helped that I was honest with her when we started dating about how much I put into the hobby. She wondered about my sanity at times, but was ultimately OK with it.