What's the best s.s. integrated for Khorns?

Hi: I am looking to start a new stereo rig,starting with new Klipschorns, so what do you recommend for a s.s.
integrated amp that would compliment these efficient(104db)
speakers? I like to listen at a loud level(85-90db),so maybe 100x2 minimum?. I was thinkin Sim Moon 1-7 integrated,
willing to go to 4k$ tops! No c.d. player as yet. What would you pick for an integrated? Thanks, Huck
huck55

Showing 1 response by bignerd100

Jbello is right. 104db efficient horns do not need that much power. They will get loud enough for a half deaf metal head with 20 watts. Spend money for increased quality of watts not increased number of watts.

The new K-horns use plastic horns and different crossovers from the originals. If you can find the metal horn versions with the AA crossovers you will be a little more pleased with the sound.

I know a guy that uses an Audio Refinement Complete integrated on older K-horns and it is more than enough to bring the house down. The new Complete (Alpha)has pre-out to feed a subwoofer which you may find you want down the road. The only drawback to the AR Complete with the horns is that the volume pot has a steep slope that makes it real loud real fast. With the horns you may find this true of lots of set-ups.

Good luck!