what preamp for Tenor 150Hps or 300Hp ?

As I consider the possibility of a Tenor 150Hps or 300HP amp to go with one of the lower end Kharma speakers, I wonder what preamps people have found to go well with this combination. I know it has often been shown in combination with the emm labs transport/DAC/pre and many seem to have personal experience with this. I will certainly consider this costly option. Alternatively, I would appreciate other recommendations for an appropriate preamp to consider with using a CD-only player.

Thank you.
thom_y

Showing 2 responses by rushton

Thom_y, I recommend that you take a look at the Aesthetix Callisto (at the top end of the spectrum) or the Aesthetix Calypso (at the moderate, but still expensive middle of the spectrum). These would be a great match to the system you're contemplating.
http://www.musicalsurroundings.com/aesthetix.html
Thom, I know you posted about preamps, and I've offered you a recommendation on that score. But, I'm going to beg your indulgence and offer two alternative considerations for amplification with the Kharma speakers. I assume you're thinking about the 3.2 model when you say "lower end" of the Kharma line. I've heard the 3.2s with the Viva Aurora amps in Lloyd Walker's system (Walker Audio) and that combination is superb: simply incredible speed, transparency, authority, dynamics and musical naturalness.