What Power Cord can improve clarity and bass slam?

My price limit is around $1K new or used. The new pc would be plugged into a dedicated line(12-gauge Romex)using an Oyaide DX/WPC-Z wallplate. My amp is a Valve Audio Predator/Mullard CV-2493-Northstar Sapphire CDP and Focus Audio FS8 speakers. Cables are JPS Labs-Superconductor Q/Plus. I would be replacing an Opera Audio Ella Baby pc on the Predator. Want to improve clarity in complex passages, add bass slam/definition and create a more open/liquid presentation without giving up speed-resolution and neutrality which are my systems strengths. After many hours of research here is a list of power cords that could work.
Cable Research Labs-MK 2
DH Labs-Red Wave
JPS Labs-Kaptovator
Silver Circle Audio-Vesuvius
Stealth Audio-Cloude 99
VooDoo Cables-Black Diamond Dragon
Your comments regarding these power cords would be appreciated along with any other suggestions. Look forward to your responses!
dayglow

Showing 8 responses by bo1972

Purist Audio is the way to go.......sometimes things in life are that easy....It will do the things you ask for!
The difference between PAD and MIT is too big. The PAD go deeper. Instruments and voices keep the small proportion as in real with PAD. MIT make the instruments and voices too big in dimension. This is a very important part in the world of highend. PAD can open the mid freq. like no other brand can do.
@ Audiolabyrinth; hahahahahahaha....very funny11 Good to hear you are still alive!! I did not compare your powercable with the PAD. I cannot Judge, but the PAD are extreemly good in all the different parts you Judge a powercable for.
I use PAD powercables. My loudspeakercable is the Redwood 2013 model. Interconnects are: The new Wild Blue Yonder XLR and SKY. And I use one pair of pure silver Acapella XLR.

I was at a audio show in Holland a few weeks ago. There was a company overhere who now sells Taralabs. They only sell what they can get. It is still difficult to get it overhere!
PAD 25th costs 10.000 dollar, different price, different world. I am thinking about buying one later this year as well. Silver works better than copper in the world of highend. At the end even a powercable is about all the differt parts togheter you Judge a powercable for. PAD powercables excel in all the different parts you Judge a powercable for. This makes them PAD one of the best in powercables. Or even the best!!
In the last year I sold a lot of silver cables from Audioquest. When I visit clients they also have old cables of cables from other companies. Compared to copper, there is more air around voices and instruments. The become a lot more 3D ( loose from eachother) But Also Audioquest excels in blacks. The appearance of instruments and voices becomes much more clear. In timing and sharpness in individual focus of instruments and voices same story. I am a perfectionist and Always focus on the endresult. Most people are not aware of what is missing. There is missing often too much. I explain my clients the difference between the cables. To hear more information and details is very easy to explain to everyone. I want my clients to get a more complete sound what I call Total Sound.
Audio is Always about the perfect balance. Copper can work better in some sets. No question about it. But I still think silver is an essential part for the 'absolute'sound. Because it can set instruments and voices fully loose from eachother. It is also better in timing and gives a sharper individual focus.

Jim Aud is the most friendly and kind person I ever had contact with in audio. He also can discribe exactly what the cable wil do.
My focus is Always on the endresuls. Expensive cables you sell by doing a-b blind comparison. When the Nordost Valhalla came out, it went crazy. I could live only from selling these cables for a long time. It was that convincing. People bought less expensive sources with a Valhalla. Just by doing a-b blind tests. Every person whants the best result for they money they want to spend.