Western Electric or Takatsuki 300Bs?

I'm building a pair of 300B Parallel SET monoblocks and want to fit them with a premium set of 300Bs (two per channel). From what I've read, I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two tubes. The Takatsuki tubes are a bit more expensive (based on Parts Connexion price) and have a much shorter warranty, so I'm leaning toward the WE reissues. 

I read Terry London's Stereo Times review and he seemed pretty enthusiastic regarding the WE tubes. Anyone heard both of these in the same amp? 
128x128jaytor

Showing 2 responses by gsm18439

My pair of Takatsuki is 8.5 years old. Granted, I don't play them every day and I rotate them with a pair of KR Balloons. . . 
There are a ridiculous number of 300b available. I have Takatsukis and KR Balloon 300b tubes that I swap occasionally. They sound very different. The Takatsuki are warmer, and the KR Balloons more dynamic. I have not heard the WE reissues. I bought 2 pairs of the original (white base) Takatsuki, and one tube failed before it was ever used. I am also curious about the Audio Note 4300e that was sourced from Psvane.