WAITAMINIT! Center stage disappeared with a Modwright KWA 150SE and Daedalus Athena V.2?!

The Madness! My Plinius SA201 presented a big beautiful well imaged stage with the Daedalus Athena V.2. It was shipped and sold. 4 days later, the Modwright KWA 150SE reco'ed by Lou Hinkey took it's place and the center stage is nowhere to be found! I've rotated cables and repositioned the speaker 6 inches back and forth and toed them in with no change. I haven't rolled in new tubes in my preamp or DAC yet...It partially refocused for a moment but now is gone, baby, gone.

Anyone out there have experience with this? I imagine it's solvable....

Help a man out, brothers and sister.

Pre: Supratek Syrah, DAC: AMR DP777SE

budburma

Showing 6 responses by big_greg

Don't know about your unit, but my LS100 MW preamp had the phase inverted by design. Reverse polarity on speaker cables as suggested. 

@facten From the LS100 manual:

"Design is phase inverting and this may be addressed by reversing polarity at both speaker cables, either at amp(s) or speakers."

No soundstage problems here, don't know what to tell you

I don't think anyone said you did, or that you should for that matter.  I was trying to help the OP, not throwing shade on you or your system.

@facten I would think having one speaker out of phase with the other would be much more noticeable than having them both out of phase.

@budburma I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your system now.  Modwright makes good stuff.  I really enjoyed my LS100 preamp and had to make a significant jump to better it.