VTL Siefried vs Audio Research 610T

Hello, What are you thoughts on these two amps? I'm looking to purchase a pair of one of them. The speakers are Wilson Maxx II's.

VTL's price was raised to 50k for these amps so that might not them out of the running.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

THanks,
jon_p

Showing 6 responses by elberoth2

Dave Wilson is running Siegfrieds with Alexandrias in his home. AFAIK his previous amps were Lamm ML2.1. Call John at Wilson Audio and ask - he knows David's sytem very well.
FYI - Dave's current system consists of ARC Ref 7, ARC Ref 3, VTL Siegfrieds and X-2 Alexandrias. And it sounds superb.
Wow, Samuel, relax. I have no intention whatsoever to imply anything, apart from the fact, that you prolly use Shunyata cables beeing a Shunyata emploee.

You guys make great products (I'm using Anaconda Helix Alpha PCs myself) and that is why I brought up the Shunyata Orion cable as an alternative to the Everest that both Jon and I use.

Cheers and Marry Christmas !
Dave uses Transparent Opus, the guys at the ARC factory (they have Maxxs 2 driven by 610Ts, BTW) use Shunyata Orion, and so prolly does Samuel, who AFAIK is a Shunyata emploee.

Both of those cables are a bit rolled off on top, Orion on top of that is a bit rounded and tad warmer than both AQ and TA, which IMO may actually compliment Wilsons quite nicely. Everest (which I also own, BTW) on the other hand is much more linear to my ears, much more open on top. As such, it is much better suited to speakers like your ol Vandersteens than Wilsons. No wonder AQ CEO, Bill Low, uses Vandersteens 5a at home.
I have ~ 250h on both Ref 3 and Ref 110, and the amps are still changing (for the better). I would say, that the first 150 hours are crucial. If you have any more questions pls send me a PM or post them in my "system" thread.