Upgrading Home Theater speakers. Need some help.

Upgrading Home Theater speakers. The room is 12x22 carpeting and a small amount of acoustical treatments. I watch 90% movies and 10% music. While searching the internet there seems to be a lot of home theaters using Pro audio speakers (JBL, Danley, JTR, Seaton sound ). Are these brands best for movie watching, or should I look at VMPS RM40, Tyler D2, or AV123 LS6. I live in Tampa and I can’t seem to audition any of these brands. My budget is 5000 to 7000 including center channel.
Equipment used
Anthem AMV 50
Anthem MCA 5
2 SVS PC 12-Plus Subwoofers
110 inch projection screen

Thank you for any opinions or suggestions.
bedpros

Showing 1 response by nguyen357

You should considered Definitive Technology BP7000 or BP2000 series, or even the Mythos ST series. They're well within your budget. I have the BP7002 with 12-inch built-in sub for main, CLR3000 with 10-inch built-in sub for center and the Mythos 1 for surrounds. They sound incredibly good, but with a catch. They're not all that good for Music, very booming and little details. If you're like me, want to go a little extreme, change all those removable fuses in them with Hi-Fi tuning gold series, then just sit back and enjoyed.