To loom or not to loom?

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am asking for your experiences in running a complete loom of one brand of cable, experiences not opinions and conjecture please.

I have 2 systems with interconnects from DH Labs and Zavfino, Speaker cables from Zavfino and Wireworld. Power cables are a mishmosh of LessLoss (digital front end) Zavfino (tubes), SR Research SS monoblocks, all great quality cables. 

Should I look at consolidating each system to a specific brand and model of cables or is this a fool's errand? 

Again if you do not have specific experiences please refrain from posting gibberish and innuendo. 

audio_is_subjective64

mapman

21,708 posts

You can’t enjoy the fruit without the loom, eh?

Heh heh heh, could be I’m just too old to enjoy Loomy Tunes.

When you've got 6 pairs on the floor (5 front, 1 back), looming can become a trip hazard or a cat exercise gym.....although it's looming to become a necessity just to keep it all from looming into a nightmare...

Had enough? *LOL*

@benanders . you brought up Loomy Tunes...."Th th th th that's all, Folks!"

Within my 53 years of being involved with high end audio I have come to the conclusion that it's all a matter of trial and error without a solid answer that is always correct. Trust your ears and experiment, then go with what sounds the best to you. Sometimes a 100% loom of one product can produce too much of a good thing, and sometimes visa-versa.

....try as I might, I've never experienced too much of a good thing.....

Always run out of energy....eventually.....

Using a "looms" can be good for getting  base lines. From there trying cable changes between one pair of components at a time may suggest particular compatibility or incompatibility preferences between specific components. Not doing so could make correctly determinating ultimate cause and effect confusing. There might be unusual exceptions where specific components have unique considerations that might make the above inappropriate; Spectral comes to mind.