The Best Phono cable

Dear Friends,
I would like to get Your opinion about the best possible Phono cable for my turntable.
I purchesed Indian Signature turntable.
Also I have Koetsu Onyx and AR Ph 7 preamp.
I wanted to connect it all thogeter with THE BEST possible
phono cable.
Also I need your reccommendation for AR Ph 7 to Preamp wire.
At the end of this path way is MIT MAX Balanced cable and Cabasse Atlantis active apeakers.
Thanks,
Chris
cool_chris

Showing 2 responses by flyfish2002

I have tried the Graham 70, Synergistic Research Tricon, Hovland MG2, Cardas Golden Reference and Silver Audio Silver Breeze. In my system, the Silver Breeze is at another level and is the cable I use.

Analog Rig: VPI TNT Mk IV fully upgraded; Graham Phantom Mk ii; Clear Audio Stradivari; EAR MC-4 SUT; and a Sonic Frontiers SFP-1 in MM mode completely overhauled and modded by Bill Thalmann of Music Technology (former lead engineer at Conrad-Johnson).

In this setting, the Silver Breeze pulls it all together, gets out of the way and makes music.

Brent
Nsgarch, I don't know about other phono cables, but the Silver Breeze (and the Purist I now know) does use extensive mechanical dampening. I have exchanged e-mails and have had phone calls with Max Kreifeldt and find him very knowledgeable (and opinionated), very devoted to his passion (ICs)and very committed to quality construction and service.

The Silver Breeze is much stiffer than any other I have evaluated/used, but Max is more than willing to customize the length of the cable AND the length of the break-out section (much more flexible - though still mechanically dampened) to accomodate most any situation.

I also hear it is true that Bob Graham purchased the rights to manufacture and distribute the MG2 now that Hovland is no longer.

Another cable manufacturer that is very committed to mechanical dampening is VH Audio. The AirSine PC and the Symmetry balanced IC (I use both) are both mechanically dampened. I agree with Nsgarch - it contributes to the overall excellence of the products.