The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22

Showing 2 responses by danielk141

I have a Sony XA7ES. It was $3,000.00 new & you can find them used for around $1,100.00 (like I did). I really think it is excellent at the used price. It has a variable analog output, so you can run it directly into your power amp. I've been waiting for Sony to come out with an SACD player with the variable output, they still haven't. So I just purchased an Adcom GFP750 pre amp, & I'll probably buy a Sony 777ES SACD player. Be carefull if someone tries to sell you a player with balanced outputs. Only a few are truly balanced & none of the Sony's are. If your amp isn't fully balanced, you don't need a balanced CD player anyway. I'll probably keep my XA7ES to run directly into my ALEPH 3 power amp. Someday I'll get a Levinson Model 39 CD player to run directly into my Rowland Model 2 power amp. Both are truly balanced & the Levinson has a variable output.
Good Luck!
Wow!

I can't believe it took 10.5 years to answer this!

This can end today.
Electrocompaniet EMC1-Up.