Sony HAP-Z1ES Hi-Res Music Player RMAF 2013

Did anyone get a chance to hear this digital player. Seems similar to the Bryston BDP-2. I am very interested in how the upsampled DSD sounded.
yyzsantabarbara

Showing 7 responses by mstratil

I'm not as expert on these issues as you guys. So I have a simple, bottom-line question for Sbayne:

If a typical audiophile A/Bs a typical contemporary classical music CD on (a) an Olive and (b) the HAP-Z1ES with DSD remastering, will the HAP-Z1ES sound significantly better?

Will the remastered version almost as good as Hi-Res?

Mike
I'm not as expert on these issues as you guys. So I have a simple, bottom-line question for Sbayne:

If a typical audiophile A/Bs a typical contemporary classical music CD on (a) an Olive and (b) the HAP-Z1ES with DSD remastering, will the HAP-Z1ES sound significantly better?

Mike

Mike
Can you give me a description of the improvement in sound quality in playing redbook CDs converted to DSD on your HPA-Z1ES vs. other players without conversion.

Mike
Can you give me a description of the improvement in sound quality in playing redbook CDs converted to DSD on your HPA-Z1ES vs. other players without conversion.

Mike