Should I re-rip?

I ripped all my CDs to FLAC files using dbPoweramp on my PC yrs ago. I now have a better DAC and want to maximizie sound quality.  WouId it be worth my time to re-rip my cds to WAV (I even see that Steve Nugent on his website recommends AIFF over FLAC). Is lack of metadata still a problem with WAV?
Also, in dbPoweramp there are a number of setting options.  When I ripped to FLAC I just went with the default settings. Was that a mistake?
I’m not a computer guy. So please keep explanations very simple. Thanks in advance. 
rockyboy

Showing 1 response by astewart8944

FLAC is a much smaller file than WAV. So, before you head that direction you need to answer two questions: (1) how much storage capacity do you have? and (2) how much storage capacity will all your files in the WAV format require? I agree that the default settings for FLAC via dbPoweramp  is probably fine. I do suggest you do one CD into WAV and compare it to your FLAC file. If you hear a difference and you like it, then I suggest you rip another one and see if you still like it. If you go 2 for 2, then I suggest you have someone else run your server and pick the version you listen to without telling you. If you can discriminate the difference between the two, and you pick the WAV consistently as your favorite, then you have some decisions to make.