Pre-amps for Leben CS-600x

Hi All,

I’ve been driving my Devore O96s with a Leben CS-600x, and it been good. Ok a lark I ordered a Bottlehead 300b preamp and amp. I received the preamp first and ran that through the Leben. It was revelatory. The sound was open, imaging was better, and it had an immersive quality it didn’t have before. I received the amp and it pales in comparison to the Bottlehead Leben combo. 

This has raised the question about what an every better preamp could do. Do you have any suggestions for a preamp that might make the Leben even more magical? 

Thank you!

markimiller

I ended up getting an Shindo Monbrison, which makes the Leben sing. But I also got a Shindo Montille, and that outshines the Leben by no small measure.  

@markimiller Depending on your speakers, the cv391 is stunning. The STC cv391 is an amazing tube for an amplifier for tone and texture, even SET like at times. STC was the British spinoff of Western Electric so the tube has some of that dna. Congrats! Ive owned both versions at different times in different systems: they are both terrific but the cv391 has more...alot more...to offer.