Point of higher priced streamer?

Hello,
Assuming I have separate DAC, and I just want to play songs from iPad by Airplay feature.
In this case, I need a streamer to receive music from my iPad -> DAC.

What’s the point of high price streamer? I’m bit surprised that some streamers are very high priced.
From my understanding, there should be no sound quality difference.
(Streaming reliability and build quality, I can see it but I do not see advantages in terms of sound quality.)

Am I missing something? If so, please share some wisdom.
128x128sangbro
LOL @arafiq 

One thing is guaranteed: he WILL be resurrected again if banned. And again, and again...

No matter what, it will be easy to spot when he does.
Because it is not just a nice idea in theory, it is factual in practice. With asynchronous USB, there is absolutely no timing data incorporated in the data stream. None, zip, nada, 0.  It is not a matter of resolving arrival timing errors .... there are none to resolve. This statement shows gross ignorance about how the stuff he is supposed to be an expert on actually works.

Then comes the argument that the DAC will resolve all data arrival-timing errors by first buffering them and then re-clocking them before sending them onto the decoder chip. That’s a nice idea in theory but experience tells us otherwise.

You asked for one. I jumped through your hoop.  There are more errors in this document. But this is so gross an error to make all others pointless to point out.

Uhm, no hoop. I asked you to explain your position. You have and now I am going to go enjoy my fancy streamer. ;-)
PSAudio’s digital guru, Ted Smith, has some interesting thoughts on digital theory versus actual practice and listening experience. He posts frequently on their forums. No one is perfect, but he seems to have the knowledge, experience and practical expertise to explain many phenomena and the humility to shrug his shoulders about others. I hear what I hear and I am merely fascinated by what we discover as we learn more. There was a time when people doubted that minor firmware changes in DACS could result in clear changes in audible performance. Ted knows why. I heard those audible differences before I ever heard him explain it. My ears are my ultimate authority for what I purchase. I respect the scientific expertise necessary to build those products. I do not need to fully understand the science to enjoy the results. Nor am I troubled by those who doubt what I hear. All streamers are not created equal. That is what my ears tell me. If they all sound the same to someone else, I say, “Be Well and Prosper.”
it is our own fault and weakness when we give the trolls what they seek -- our energy and our response to their prodding...