Mundorf Silver/Gold in Oil Supreme Caps Any Good?

I got a 2 box tube dac named JADIS JS 1 i have to change the 8 yellow caps inside so my technician suggest me the MUNDORF silver/gold caps, so i just want to now a bit more about their sonic signature?
will it change the sonic signature of my dac and in wich way?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xroccl007

Showing 4 responses by pjl2122

Hello I put 4 of the Mundorf Silver-Gold caps in my Consonance2.2 cd player along with 5 Bybee purifiers with superb results,Please note these caps sounded heavy and closed in for the first 60 hours now they are just starting to open up ,My Modwright pre took over 200 hours to fully run in I removed the white average - sonicaps
and bypass the 5.0 and the .1 with the 4.7 -.1 silver-gold
Mundorfs Night and Day better in resolution and naturalness well worth the extra moneys ,also on the power supply 3 supremes for bypass duties with the bybees transform the Modwright, and the modwright was already very good!
Hello I decided to put the Mundorf in my speakers ,Preamp, and cd player ,after 200+ hours now it has great detail but the bass is all washed out ,if these caps are supposed to be so natural what the hell happened to the Bass ?
I wrote to Mundorf I am waiting to see their reply .
I will tell you guys as soon as they tell me ,for now I am going back to the preamp and putting in the Silver oils
that Hopefully will put the life blood back into the system
hello as I stated before these caps are for me personally and several others that have heard the comparisons between many others , check it out .
http://www.10audio.com/sonicap_oimp_multicap.htm
Getting back to you guys As I stated before the Mondorf Silver Gold ,sounded superb in transparency and detail ,
even the bass was very good untill they started burning in after 250 hours they bass was bleached out to Clynical.
My remedy was to pull them from the 4 from the preamp
and put in the Mundorf Silver oil ,in the Modwright now it sounds outstanding weight ,dimention , detail .I wrote to Mundorf and Mr Mundorf stated that it might seem like lack of bass because it cleaned up detail ,and a cap is just a high pass filter , Now that is a copout for a answer ,
totally Not Correct.The information on these caps is wrong .I was a sound engineer for electrostats for several years and hearing properly in the mids is my Forte.
If your system is a little rolled off then use the Silver Gold , way over priced though , the Mundorf Silver oil poly caps are far more balanced and natural sounding at 1/2 the price.It costs me over $700 a expensive education. Neutrality the Silver gold are, Not Natural -the Silver oils gets that nod ( Quote)!