Micro SX-8000 II or SZ-1

Does anybody know if there is a mayor difference between the Micro-Seiki SX-8000 II and the "flagship" SZ-1?
A friend told me I should look for a SZ-1 because it offers a better motor. Having a SX-8000 II I am not shure whether it is worth looking for a SZ-1 or only for another motor-unit?
thuchan

Showing 7 responses by rauliruegas

Dear T bone: You are right, the number is 3.5 tons/cm2 for both: the 8000 and the SZ-1.

regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Thuchan: I think that Jean could help you about:
http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/vs.pl?vevol&1204796496&viewitem&o2

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Fm login: +++++ " whole point – the “default sound” (or better to say the opportunity for the default sound ) is built into the design that illuminate the need to do those endless experiments trying to change the TT sound. Micro-Seiki .... " +++++

I owned through the years three MS TT's: two 1500 and my current RX 5000.

I like the " intrinsic " performance of the 5000 but as you know it is a unfinished product where we need to add to the unit : footers or some kind of damping platform, a TT mat and a platter damping.
I address all those factors trying to have a better Micro performance and IMHO I have success about.

I think that this kind of " help " ( in the case of the RX 5000 ) is need it and not because I try to change the Micro self sound ( that I agree can't overall change it. ).

The Micro TT's are very good units but not perfect and like almost anything else in audio needs some kind of " help ".

Now, if some of us really can hear tiny changes in the Micro performance due to those " help " is something that you, me or any one can't argue against/favor because the differences in each person perception capacity and of course the differences in the audio sytems/room and system set-up.

About your whole comment: +++++ " Some of you have 5-6 turntables with 10-15 tonearms........" +++++

I can tell you that thank's to all those tonearms that I have on hand I can obtain almost always the best quality performance of any cartridge I try/test that if ( with the vintage and today tonearms designs. ) I owned only two tonearms maybe I can't do it.
This is my approach on the subject, which yours? how do you know ( with 1-2 tonearms. ) that what your cartridges show is the best that can achieve?

+++++ " Work on other aspects of your playback, it will bring you more true results. " ++++, I agree.

Raul.
Dear Fm login: +++++ " I do not look for “best quality performance of any cartridge” – I know what I get, I know what efforts requires to get what might be gotten from sound, I know what kind reimbursement I get for my efforts " +++++

I know too but I'm a little on the near " perfection " path on that cartridge quality performance subject and that's why I go through a different path that you go, IMHO nothing wrong with that: a different approach, that's all.

Yes is evolutionary and my target is to have several/different cartridges mounted at the same time in the same tonearm design.

About your tip I totally agree with, this subject is something that till today I try to " support " and made/make advise on it. Good to hear that there are people that agree on this over-stimated TT subject.

Raul.
Dear Fm login: Sorry for my ignorance: which is your site address?, thank you.

Raul.
Dear friends: Any one of you know which is the Fm login site?

Thank you.

Raul.