Meridian 504 Tuner...

Hi All,

I just picked up a Meridian 504 which sounds great and in very good cosmetic shape.

However, one thing I noticed, is that when the tuner is in standby, I can still hear the broadcast audio coming through the speakers very faint as a low background broadcast. Is this normal behavior or is this potentially a fault? 

I also noticed that its signal strength meter is showing tuned stations within the 5-6 range with only one reaching 7. on my MD FT101a, most of them were picking up closer to max 8/9 (9 being max) - I assume this is just a difference in how the two tuners signal strength meters are calibrated with the 504 maybe needing a stronger signal. I am using an external MD ST-2 antenna which is pretty decent. 

Would appreciate any feedback/advice from 504 owners out there and thanks in advance…

Cheers,
Vin.

128x128vinbob

Your tuner Manual is here

Seems your tuner is vintage, therefore maybe check these FM tuner enthusiasts here

Thanks for the feedback. I have a copy of the manual but will look to post on the tuner enthusiast forum suggested. Thank you!