Matching a McIntosh 275 amp +C50 Pre-Amp +B&W 804D3's w/ spkr cable Transparent?

I'd appreciate any/all opinion on help with identifying if/where there is a gap in my system that doesn't align with other component quality/value... Current set-up:

Front End:  
  • VPI Prime Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Red Cartridge w/ AQ Water interconnects
  • Auralic Aries Mini Streamer to Tidal HiFi w/ Transparent Cable High Performance 75 ohm Digital Link
McIntosh C50 Pre-Amp w/ AQ Water XLR balanced interconnnects to...
McIntosh 275 Tube Amp
Nordost Blue Heaven LS Ribbon speaker cable

New pair of B&W 804 D3's

REL T5 Subwoofer

Furman Elite 1500 Power Conditioner

15 years ago I was a big Transparent Audio cable guy, and I am one of those that thinks it is more than Ohm's law when it comes to cables (Blinded A --> B testing sold me).  For a some reason, I morphed to AQ and Nordost.

My next potential move was to replace the Nordost Blue Heaven's with something in the Transparent line

PREMIUM SERIES

ULTRA Speaker Cable
SUPER Speaker Cable
PLUS Speaker Cable

And was hoping to get some advice on what would best align with my system.  Transparent guy said SUPER's but wanted to see other's thoughts on Transparent or other speaker cables to test drive.

(My ear finds the AQ's tend to mute the entire range a bit - others may love them - all good, just my ears).

If you are so inclined to comment... I'm currently running OEM power to all devices and test drove the Shunyata Research Venom 3's and was disappointed.  Was thinking of the Pangea Audio AC 9SE MKII Signature Power Cable for Amp/Line Conditioner/Sub and the 14's for Pre-Amp/VPI.

A lot here, appreciate any thoughts...

bpruitt1104

Showing 1 response by greginnh