Magico Mini 2 vs Kharma Midi Exquisit vs MBL 101s

If price were not a consideration and you could have any upstream electronics you choose, in 16 by 22 room, which of the following speakers would you choose and why? Magico Mini 2 , Kharma Midi Exquisite, MBL 101 E, or the Sonus Faber Amati Annaversary.
husk01

Showing 4 responses by roypan

How low a system can go is a function of many things. Driver size is not one of them. All things being equal, system with 10 X 15” woofers with an Fs of 45Hz will not go as low as a system with one 7” with an Fs of 33Hz (Mini). The 10 x 15” system will be capable of much more air displacement but at higher freq. It is important not to confuse 60-100Hz energy with low bass.
Dev,
I did not claim that MY speakers are BIGGER them yours. Quite the contrary. Also, I would not bring credibility to the table here. Perhaps you forget that after reading your comments on the Mini, I had offered to purchase your Minis from you (I have been looking for a used pair for almost a year now). Did not seems like you were too eager to sale them. From your response I got the feeling that you are more than just a bystander and, most likely does not even have a Mini on hand. Perhaps a dealer of some sort. I do see that you have a brand new pair of MBL for sale. So what is your agenda?
The way MBL reproduces sound is a gimmick. Noble perhaps, but yet a gimmick. Music is not captured in an omnidirectional way and, for sake of accuracy and fidelity, should not be reproduce this way. A fun system indeed but not for any serious listening.