Krell ksa-300s vs Pass Labs x-350

Anyone has the good fortune of auditioning/owning these two amps? And which one do you prefer?
arthurmail

Showing 6 responses by cmpromo

Im not a krell basher. Ive only owned one or their amps and didnt like it. I just felt compelled to respond to the bogus statement above.
Either Jim's friends ears are broke or the x-250 was broke. I had the fpb 200 for a year and when I upgraded to a Pass I was mad at myself for living with that overpriced, unmusical, grainy amp for so long. I dont know why someone would make a bad statement about an amp that they havent even heard, but instead give an opinion about what their "friend" heard. Personally I think this guy has some other motive behind his statement. I mean to compare a Pass x-series amp to bose! ahem... GET REAL. Pass amps on the contrary are one of the few amps that nobody has anything bad to say about. Im done.
Cdimi,
What is a great amp for 4000 used that will better the x-350? And please tell me why.
I was not being sarcastic, I was asking a serious question. (Which you didnt bother to answer) The x-350 is easily the best amp to have graced my system and if there is better in the same price range, new or used, I would like to have your thoughts (since you're never wong). Im not stuck on any one piece of gear and change frequently although I have had the 350 for a while. I have'nt heard everything but I do quite a bit of listening at high end dealers here in Florida and so far I have'nt heard anything that made me want to run out and sell the 350. So if you have a suggestion for a amp in the same price range. I would definitely like to hear it, I just want to know what makes it better. And lets be realistic, any high end gear thats a few years old is going to sell for about half of what is cost new in most cases. Sorry for the snide remarks, I couldnt help myself, but my question was serious.
Sorry for asking a simple question. Durbin, the only one in your list i've auditioned was Rowland and it was very nice, I just preferred the presentation of the Pass, it just sounded more natrual. Spectron is on my short list to audition as well as Spectral. I have Dunlavy speakers and John Dunlavy actually reccomended Specrton amps although his ears have often been questioned. Have you compared any of these amps with the Pass x-series amps?
Im not sure of the particular model but it was a stereo amp, Im sure the monos are a step up. Of course the 350 is a step up from the 150 also. I guess its all system dependant too.