Joule Electra LA-150 MK3 vs MK2?

Apparently there is a MK3 version of the highly regarded LA-150 now and I can't seem to find any info on it. Can anyone tell me how it differs from the MK2? Thanks in advance, John.
jman

Showing 6 responses by clio09

I have visited the Merlin room at RMAF each time I've attended. Usually on multiple occasions. Having previously owned an LA-100 MkIII I'm familiar with the Joule sound and quality of the product.

Bobby P's room is always among my favorites at the show. The combination of Joule amps/preamp and Merlin speakers is quite synergistic and results in some incredibly pleasing sound (as further evidenced by other posts here). Bobby P is always a gracious host as well.

I'm quite excited about hearing the new preamp. Since I live in Las Vegas maybe Bobby and Bill will let me borrow it overnight to hear in my system. Of course they'd be welcome to come over for cocktails and to enjoy some music as well. What do you say guys?
That is the room. I agree the sound was more authoritative at CES vs. RMAF. Whether it was the speakers, LA-300, room or a combination of those (the amps and CDP were the same ones used at RMAF) components is the real question.
Isanchez, nice system. I'm not surprised you are getting the sound you describe from your system. I am sure the Joule is contributing to it. There are noticeable differences between the LA-300 versus both versions of the LA-150 and LA-100 MkIII.

BTW - I met Dr. Feickert at CES and spent quite a bit of time with him. He demonstrated his software and I was impressed enough with it that I'll be ordering a copy in the next few months along with his tonearm.