Horning owners what amps have you used?

Just curious what amps other owners, or previous owners, of the Aristoteles, Eufrodite, Agathon or Perikles have used. Chime in even if you don't own these speakers but have an opinion.

I know most everyone has heard these speakers with the TRON Discovery or Telstar at RMAF and the 211 is heavenly IMO, but way out of my price range.

I have the Aristoteles Zigma and a Thoress 300B SET (8w). I love it, but like anyone else who is possessed with sound addiction, as Neil says: rust never sleeps.

Has anyone used anything less than 8 watts? Or more power like a 300B PP or 845? I do have a Berning ZH270, and unlike a fellow Audiogon-er who had the ZH230 and Eufrodite and thought highly of the match, the ZH270 sound is not my thing.
dpe

Showing 2 responses by rodge827

I'm not sure of your budget, but I have heard the Audio Note Kits 300b Interstage Mono Blocks SET version with many upgrades. I'm lucky to have a friend who has a pair of these on Carfrae Little Big Horns (6moons road tour exit 1). Absolute best sound that I have ever heard! Check them out on the AN Kits site.
Dpe,
Audio Note Kits has a 20w Push Pull 300b Interstage Mono Amp as well. All of the products on the AN Kits site were built by Pete Fulton. If you don't have the time for your own build, give him a shout he can be found here http://www.digitalpete.net/. He is knowledgable and reasonable too.
Good Luck