Help Cremona Auditor & Revelator 9700000 tweeter.

Hi, any of you out there have any DIY experience with Scan Speak tweeters? I'm talking about the one that is Found in the $40,000 Sonus Faber Stradivari's (factory SSP Revelator 9700000 drivers are $500 each at discount retailers). My Cremona Auditor (bought 1 week ago) tweeter was damaged when speaker was knocked over and hit coffee table( yes, i said about a thousand F-words). And Given my situation i cannot have it fixed under warranty--especially being second hand buyer. So, the latest Revelator Ring Tweeter...does anyone know if it would be possible to put in two new ones while i'm repairing one anyway? Sumiko, and Scan Speak have not been heard from...i'm sure there are minor phase and impedance mismatches( i have complete technical data for them), but anyone with experience on how to do these kinds of retrofits??? any suggestions would be great...and please, no bashing my ignorance as i'm relatively new to hi fi world.

thanks,,

Xv
vongpheuccec

Showing 1 response by ellery911

ok...in all honesty...i clicked on your thread because I was just curious about that large number...anyhow...I don't think anyone will be "bashing your ignorance" as you have asked a pretty technical question...one that i am sure that most of us wouldn't be able to answer.

but anyhow...you mention sumiko in your thread...aren't they just the importer for sonus faber (among other brands)? to me...it sounds like a question that the people at Sonus Faber who actually make the speakers would know the answer to...or at least appreciate the question nonetheless...hopefully someone else can chime in here with some info for you.

sorry to hear about the speakers...those Cremona Auditors are beautiful...i can't wait to hear a pair.

welcome to the Gon

Ellery