Hegel H300

Anyone familiar with this integrated amp or had a chance to hear it at the RMAF this year?

I would be very interested in any comments.

Thanks,
Banyon100
Ag insider logo xs@2xbanyon100

Showing 5 responses by donjr

There's a review of the H300 that directly compares it against the M6 500i at goodsound.com.
I'd love to hear the Hegel. My dealer tells me he's going to have one for me to addition soon. He just got in the Ayre AX5 today and texted me a picture. There's a pretty decent price gap between the Hegel and the Ayre. I have this funny feeling I would like the Hegel better with my Harbeth C7es3's than I would with the Ayre. I tried the AX7e and it just didn't have the guts to get my speakers moving. The new AX5 is 125 watts but that's just a number. I want current.

I've never heard a MF. I'm surprised they don't give you the option to buy a upscale remote with their flagship integrated.
Audio zen, what's so great about the Coda? I don't care where it's made and I live in New York. A transformer twice as large as the one supplied with the Hegel? I don't believe you. Back yourself up. Have you ever heard the Hegel? Who sells Coda or who's the distributor? Half the inhabitants of California are not Americans.
Audiozen, I'm having a difficult time finding the Coda website. I keep running into a speaker manufacturer. Can you help me out with this?

I didn't mean to come across as being brash but I've heard some Hegel gear and regardless of the specs you posted it sounded amazing to my ears.
So who has compared the H200 and H300? I don't care about what you've read. I thought the H200 sounded better than the Modwright. I haven't heard the H300, but have heard there's not much of a difference between the 200 and 300.