Have Luxman 509x. Considering Pass Labs INT-250 or Dan D’Agostino Progression Integrated

Hello Audiogon community.

I currently have the Luxman 509X, Isotek V5 Aquarius power conditioner, VPI scout turntable and pair of Wilson Yvette. 
I really like my current set up but I’m looking for an upgrade. I know upgrade is such an ambiguous word with nothing in particular as to what I’m looking for, but curious to see what others feel about the two integrated power amps being considered?   

Thanks in advance. 

eclumsden

Showing 2 responses by dwest1023

I own several integrates, and one is the Pass 250. It replaces a Pass 60. The pass in my system sounds natural with a hint of warmth. Lovely engaging midrange and bass seems to be dependent on what feeds to it. It seems to just get out of the way and do no harm. It is a  very satisfying listen. It's a just sit back and listen to amp. Not the best at any one particular thing, but no faults. Yeah, it Passes on what's fed to it. having said that I would love to own the 300 and hopefully, I will be able to add to my collection. Yes, I got my blue meter amp, Accuphase, and Hegel.

Funny how we all hear different. I have owned the Pass 60 and I now own a Pass 250 and neither sounded mechanical. My 60 sounded very warm and smooth. My 250 is less warm and more articulate and refined in the treble compared to the 60.