Gryphon Diablo 333

Does anyone own or has auditioned the new Gryphon Diablo 333 integrated amp?  If so, please share your impressions and how it compares to the competition or an amp you've had in your system?  Any good, authorized Gryphon dealer recommendations are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance!

128x128dbt

The Sound Environment in Omaha and Kansas City had the Diablo 333 come in for a demo event. They are quite experienced with Gryphon, and also carry other high end components. I've had some good conversations with them about it. Also, Kyomi Audio in Chicago had a demo event with one. The owner George is also very responsive. 

Good Luck

have a feeling this amp will become legendary soon and remain so for many many years

very tentatively considering one against a Luxman M-10x with a 5k-ish non Luxman pre amp....something like an RME ADI 2/4 Pro SE that might have alot of other value and usage should the M-10x not be around at a later date

@audiocanada It’s interesting you mentioned the Luxman M-10x because if I were to make an amplifier swap, I have zeroed in on the Luxman M-10x or the Gryphon Diablo 333 integrated.  I owned the Luxman L509x integrated and I really liked it.  I never heard the L509x with my current speakers, but I like the Luxman sound.  I’m just researching right now in case I can’t resolve an issue I’m having with something in my chain.  

at their respective price points, and I'm guilty of this but changing, effort should probably made to audition both in home

if you could find a dealer that carries both lines, I think the request to borrow both while committing to buying one would be considered reasonable, or even pay for both with a guaranteed refund on the one you don't like

personally I would gladly pay to rent gear and eschew alot of the above, wish that option was more widely available

To add a little substance to this forum here are some comments and reflections about GRYPHON DIABLO 333. I finally had the opportunity to meet the beast on Friday, March 22, 2024 at the Montreal audio show.

The room was huge and the whole system look and sounded quite intimidating. The first thing i obviously noticed were the large speakers (AUDIONEC, made in France). The sound with the Nagra turntable was so so

With a lack of output Dynamics  the amp being at a level close to 40 on the meter.

I shook hands with the owner of Bliss Audio Dragan Reljic a chic guy. I think the presentation was largely sponsored by the manufacturer Nagra. Playback design being the digital source and Nagra the 

turntable. The sound is described quite precisely by Robert Schryer (Stereophile). I touched the beast and i was surprised it gave off less heat than my Gryphon 300.

I asked to put an organ record but the piece seemed a little too serious for the amateurs on the spot but I remember the sound of the Organ which was in three dimensions almost holographic reverberate

Really a full scale sound like in a church (emotional for me). After reading on Gryphon 333 and watching videos I discovered that the belly of the beast has a fan just behind the toroidal transformer in order to 

evacuate heat released by even more class A. Also the manufacturer has well designed the heat sinks around the device (guarantee of durability). Here I think that in this integrated amp the manufacturer have put a 

5 liter motor of Mustang in a Ford Pinto like a muscle car. Nowhere is this fan mentioned… If it's like in cars, you have to be wary of the first generation introduced. When they introduce the Gryphonn 333 they 

where talking about bi-polars SANKEN transistors.

Strangely, when they talk about the presentation of the new Gryphon Apex amp, mentioned that they are not Sanken bipolar transistors (those are no longer available) and in the new Apex i read

they put Toshiba transistors. What made me a little more perplexed was the notice on page 30 of the Gryphon 333 instruction manual which mentions a possible overheating of one of the two

Channels:- "When excessive heat is detected in one or both channels, the Diablo will mute and the amplifier will go in stand-by mode. Normal temperature can resume when the temperature is within safe operating 

limits. If a DC/HF is error is detected in one or both channels, the Diablo 333 will mute, and the amplifier will go into stand-by mode ». Notice worthy of a good old muscle car from the 70s whose radiator can

Overheat on occasion. So let's hope that Gryphon's latest born will be  as reliable as the entire work. In the new Gryphon 333 there are several elements borrowed from the upper game (APEX). For my part, I would 

hesitate to compromise myself on the new 333  and wait with patience for our audio essayists to finally commit to make some credible reviews on this new born.

@audiocanada The dealer not far from me carries both brands, but I had a bad experience with him and I’m not dealing with that guy for anything.  I’m going to sit still with my current amps because they may be hard to beat without spending double or triple the cost.  I thought I might have to replace my amps, so I was inquiring, but I think I found the culprit of the issue in my system.  So, my amps are here to stay.

@roccl007 Thanks for sharing your impressions!  I heard the Diablo 333 at the 2023 Capital Audiofest, but I’m curious as to what it sounds like in my setup or in an AudigoN forum member’s setup at home?