Floorstanding towers

I'm currently in the market for some new towers and have a few I'm looking at but am open to suggestions. I have my ways on the monitor audio bronze or silver series and the Martin Logan motion 40. I have also heard and like paradigm monitor series speakers. They will be paired with a parasound halo integrated and vinyl as well as streamed music will be the main source of sound. im open to ideas on other speakers in the 2-3k range for the pair. 
chippy323

Showing 1 response by 213runnin

I’ve owned several Paradigm speakers from both the Monitor and Signature line. I wanted to upgrade my Monitor speakers in the theater, and auditioned the Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2. They have a high end ribbon tweeter, and the Sierra’s simply blew away the Monitor 7 I had.(The Sierra 2 is a 14" stand mount!)

So I eventually thought I’d try them out against my Paradigm Signature S6 V2 speakers. That’s right, a small bookshelf against a tower. Of course the S6 had more bass, but I couldn’t believe how well the Sierra’s matched up with the ribbon tweeters. The highs were a tie, and I preferred the vocal reproduction of the Sierras over the S6, a gorgeous mid range that sounded more open than the Paradigms.  I sold the Sigs(bought a sub for the Sierra 2's), which retailed for 5k.

Ascend uses the most rigid cabinets I’ve ever heard, made from bamboo. No cabinet resonance whatsoever which really improves the music. For your Parasound, I’d recommend their Sierra Tower with the Raal ribbon tweeter, about 2700 at their website. Once you hear them you will stop searching.